For many companies, social media platforms provide an insight into the inner workings of the business and a chance for others to truly understand the people behind the brand. As a result, many brands will look for different ways to allow their personality to shine through via their social media accounts. This could be through highlighting internal news, putting a spotlight on employees, or simply stepping away from the typical ‘serious posts’ and letting their personalities shine through in their updates. One of the best tools available to businesses is LinkedIn’s Career Pages, and more specifically the Life tab.
At the core, LinkedIn’s Career Pages provide you with the opportunity to attract potential employees, and the additional Life tab gives a closer look into your organisation. With that in mind, let’s take a closer look at how you can alter your LinkedIn Life tab to showcase your business to potential employees.
Breaking down LinkedIn Life
One of the huge benefits of enhancing your LinkedIn profile with the Careers pages, and more specifically the Life or What We Do tab is the level of personalisation available. Some of the key elements include:
- Updating the main image or video on your Life tab – This allows you to provide a quick snapshot of your organisation’s culture. There are a variety of options available including uploading a standard image or video, or embedding a video from Vimeo or YouTube.
- Enhanced Careers Pages give you the opportunity to highlight key Company Leaders to help give prospective employees a preview of your company’s leadership team and the chance to view their profiles.
- Sat below the Company Leaders section is the opportunity to highlight an aspect of working life at your company. There is no limit on what information goes in this section, it can vary from anything such as benefits of working at the company to team building activities that have taken place or more information on the office space.
- There is also the opportunity to add a range of company photos within your Life page, this is a great way to show the personality of your business. While many brands may opt for more professional photos this can be a great way to show the true side of your employees with more raw and authentic photos.
- Employee perspectives allow you to leverage the content that your employees are already publishing on LinkedIn and highlight it on your organisation’s page. As with all the elements that make up a LinkedIn Life page this allows you to put your current employees front and centre.
- The final section to highlight testimonials from your current employees to provide insights into what it’s like to work for your business.
With a variety of different elements available, LinkedIn Life pages give you the opportunity to stand out from the crowd and create a space that is truly unique to your brand. Furthermore, the order in which these sections are displayed can be altered to allow the page to flow smoothly.
In addition to the above, it’s worth noting that you can create a number of pages, depending on the plan, giving further opportunities to share a variety of content. It’s common for brands to use these various pages to highlight different aspects of their business such as their diversity and inclusion policies, information about the people and culture, an overview of life at the business and much more.
*It’s important to know that LinkedIn Careers pages need to be purchased separately and don’t come as standard with a company page. Furthermore, the level of access and elements available also depend on the level of plan purchased. For more information, you can read about LinkedIn’s employer branding tools.