Industry group MobileFuture has created a very nice rapid-fire summary of 2010’s key consumer and technology mobile trends.
There’s been staggering growth in consumer mobile usage across a vast array of applications and social media platforms.
Take two minutes and 51 seconds to find out more;
Here are some key points form the video;
Massive increase in apps downloaded
- Five billion apps downloaded – up from 300 million in 2009
Whopping expansion of location-based services
- Five million Foursquare users – up from 200,000 users in 2009
Surge in mobile social media platforms
- 347 percent growth in Twitter mobile usage
- 200 million mobile Facebook Users
- 100 million YouTube videos played on mobile devices everyday
Ongoing explosion in data traffic
- 3,000 percent growth in one carrier’s data traffic since 2008
- 3,339: average number of texts sent per month by US teens
Unprecedented competition and choice
- 96 percent of mobile users can choose from 3 or more providers
What are your predictions for mobile trends in 2011?