We’re looking for a PR account manager to join the team at Browser Media.
This role demands good knowledge of creative media relations, at least 2-3 years’ hands-on PR experience, and an enthusiasm for developing digital marketing skills.
Ideally, you will already be working within an agency and know what it’s like to juggle multiple client accounts. We’re looking for someone with a strong track record of delivering outstanding coverage by developing news angles, stories and pitches to further our clients’ profiles, products and services.
A knowledge of financial services or home interest PR will be beneficial (but not essential), as is an aptitude for social media.
Strong copywriting skills, an ability to think outside the box, and an eagerness to learn more about SEO are a must.
Reporting to the client services director, and account directors, you will work within a team of blended digital and PR specialists across a portfolio of clients of varying sizes and sectors.
Key responsibilities will include:
- developing and managing creative PR campaigns
- weekly/monthly planning to ensure campaign timelines are on track
- liaising with digital/technical teams to ensure maximum results for clients
- writing – press releases, online content, articles, blog posts and case studies
- building and maintaining media/blogger/influencer lists
- tenacious approach to media sell-ins, sell-in plans, managing sell-ins and driving media outreach
- troubleshooting and navigating campaign curveballs
- reporting on the performance of campaigns
- contribution to the Browser Media company blog
- business development (new business/pitching) support as required
Key skills that we are looking for:
- strong verbal / written communication skills
- a written test will be part of the recruitment process and we would welcome examples of content that you have created
- an ability to adapt writing style to different clients and audiences
- strong sell-in ability / media relations skills (the right candidate will ideally already have good relationships with a number of different journalists and bloggers)
- creative thinker to help develop longer-term strategies for clients, tactical newsjacking opportunities and everything in between
- a genuine interest in current affairs and the media across different sectors (national, regional, consumer, trade)
- confidence to liaise with all levels of seniority
- self starter – dynamic and motivated but with the ability to work well in a team
- superb organisational skills and attention to detail
- able to demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach
- ability to prepare clear and concise client-ready documents
- sound IT skills (we work in Google Docs and will require the right candidate to become familiar with a number of digital marketing platforms)
- an awareness of how an agency operates on a day-to-day basis
What’s in it for you?:
- a competitive package based on experience
- private healthcare after 6 months of service
- cycle to work scheme
- extra day of holiday each year
- monthly fund for team-building activities
- training programme
- the opportunity to work with an amazing team in one of the city’s coolest offices
Please note that our head office is in Colchester and, whilst we have embraced a hybrid approach to working, you should expect to be in the office 2-3 days per week as we enjoy each other’s company and want to maintain a supportive / fun agency culture. We believe that is best done together.
Interested in applying?
Please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com if you would like to be considered for this role. As the position will involve much telephone communication with our clients and with the media, we will conduct a short telephone interview before inviting you for an initial chemistry check and then a second round interview. The latter will involve a presentation and writing test.
***Polite notice to recruitment agencies / consultants / headhunters / etc. : Please do not contact us regarding this, or any other, role. We recruit directly, so you will be wasting your time. We do not wish to be rude, but please respect this polite request. Thank you.***