Westbury Garden Rooms is a British designer and manufacturer of high-end bespoke glazed and timber extensions such as orangeries and conservatories.
The digital marketing challenge was to improve Westbury’s visibility in search engine results pages (SERPs) and grow both targeted web traffic and brochure requests.
Although the company’s designs are bespoke, one of the digital marketing challenges was that due to the traditional nature of its products, it doesn’t often launch new products or services that would ordinarily help a business create online ‘noise’.
Having worked with Westbury for a number of years on various site redesigns and migrations, we had already ensured that the site was structurally and technically sound, so recent activity has mainly focussed on marginal gains and improvements to the customer journey.
This enabled us to focus our efforts on building greater brand awareness and trust, as we know that a bespoke extension is a significant investment and one that a homeowner tends to research extensively.
Our strategy focussed on growing Westbury’s digital footprint to ensure the company was visible at each stage of the customer’s research journey:
- Planning and creating engaging on-site content to both inform potential new customers and build Westbury into an aspirational lifestyle brand.
- Maximising relationships with home interest and lifestyle publications in order for Westbury to benefit from editorial and paid collaborations.
- Liaising with luxury bloggers to secure high quality, link-building opportunities and guest posts.
For the period April – August 2020 compared to the same period in 2019 – all non-paid traffic:
- Organic traffic rose by 105%
- All traffic rose by 71% YoY
- Page views increased by 58%
- Brochure requests increased by 56%
- Direct traffic rose by 43%