Morgan Clark approached Browser Media in 2014 having grown frustrated with a lack of organic growth and underwhelming website performance more generally. In order to reverse this trend, we had to overcome two major challenges. Firstly, very few people understood the industry or were aware of the services offered by Morgan Clark, and consequently, search volumes for target keywords were very low. Secondly, the nature of the business meant that demand was influenced heavily by a number of external factors, namely, the weather.
It quickly became apparent that in order to attract more visitors to the website, we would not only have to find and educate new audiences, weâ€™d also have to develop a strategy that delivered results during typically quieter periods.
Following a technical audit of the website and a refresh of its main landing pages, we implemented a content strategy that was designed to attract and educate prospective clients. What’s more, to ensure year-round results, it was important to create both seasonal and evergreen content that would attract visitors consistently.
How we achieved it:
- In-depth keyword research was undertaken to identify relevant search terms and potential content themes.
- Investigative research into the issues faced by target audiences, including social media and forum monitoring.
- Writing guest articles for relevant consumer & B2B publications, with the intention of introducing the brand to a wider audience, whilst also obtaining valuable backlinks to help ensure long-term SEO success.
- Developed a blog strategy built primarily around long-tail keyword searches, e.g. providing answers to very specific industry or service related questions, aimed at attracting new, curious users.
- Published long-form content and â€˜how toâ€™ guides that served as both organic landing pages and link building collateral.
- Created content optimised specifically for featured snippet (â€˜position zeroâ€™) search results.
Worked closely with Morgan Clarkâ€™s UX team to ensure that all content pages were both search and conversion-friendly.
Since 2014, organic website visits have grown from a few hundred per month to several thousand, and crucially, enquiries have increased too.
2014 vs 2018 growth:
- Organic traffic up 577%
- Enquiries up 350%
- Blog visits up 642%
- Avg time on page up approx 2 minutes
This growth can be attributed mainly to the fact that Morgan Clark is now more visible in search results for both its core target search terms and a diverse range of long-tail alternatives. By creating content that puts the user first, we have not only improved website visibility, we’ve also helped build brand authority and trust, which in turn is helping to drive more conversions.